Friday 14 January 2011

Is this the worst PCT in England?

So, I confirmed my appointment on the 20th January at the complex needs service within the deadline. I spoke to a real person, not voicemail this time, and he said he'd let my contact know. I did ask at the time if it could be brought forward, or if there was any indication that the crisis team from y had made the call they promised to make(!), but apparently it can't and there isn't. Quelle surprise.

Then I got a message on my voicemail at 5pm yesterday saying that I haven't confirmed my appointment, but not to worry because it has to be moved to the 10th February anyway. I tried to call back to say that I had confirmed and although I can make the 10th February I am concerned that's a long way off, but the office closes at 5 so had to leave a voicemail.

Phoned back today to confirm that the message I left yesterday was actually picked up, and apparently it was but I got a bit of an earful for asking if I could see anyone any sooner than the 10th Feb. Never mind.

So I was getting a bit pissed off at everything that's happened with services in both x and y, and started mumbling about the worst PCT in England. It's probably unfair, but I feel that they've been truly dismal. Nothing they've offered has been followed through on, most appointments have been cut short for one reason or another, and when I try to ask for any support at all I'm dismissed and patronised. I left a PCT with the best reputation in London for this. Maybe everyone's right after all, and I shouldn't have bothered trying to move on.

Then, in a truly weird turn of events, I found a voicemail on my phone after an exam today saying that "Doctor [inaudible]'s secretary from [inaudible] got the message from [my local surgery] and will send me an appointment." So I have no idea who they are or what it's for but maybe this represents progress? Or maybe I'm being called in for the obligatory smear test in honour of my twenty-fifth birthday...

No comments:

Post a Comment